Online 65 Hr Advanced Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher Training
The 65-hour Online Advanced Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher Training take you deeper into your Yin practice and teachings. This advanced Yin program builds upon the foundations covered in the first 50hr Yin YTT, emphasizing the 5 Elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine and its practical application in our practice and life. Become a certified and worldwide accredited Yin Yoga & 5 Elements teacher and share with others the benefits of this profound practice and the wisdom of the 5 Elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
During this Advance Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher Training program, you will study the foundations and the anatomical and energetic theories of Yin Yoga, all through the unique lens of the Chinese Meridians Theory. You will also gain knowledge of Qi Theory and Yin and Yang Theory and how they relate to the body.
After completing the course, you will be able to confidently and safely sequence Yin Yoga sessions applied to the 5 Elements of Chinese Medicine, which can be used to develop your own personal practice further or to teach others.
During this course, you will learn the 5 Element Theory and practice, learn the connection between our emotions and organ’s health and how to balance them, understand how fascia can affect our moods, and explore the acupressure practice through yin yoga and the modern meridian theory and their application into our lives.
Who Is This Training For?
This Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Training is for experienced and aspiring yoga teachers and students alike, who wish to enhance their knowledge of yin yoga and understand the fundamentals of the 5 Elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
You will discover the inspiring wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and how to apply it to your yoga practice and daily life. Learn the fundamentals of TCM and the anatomical and energetic theories of yin yoga for your practice, and, if you wish, with the intention to teach. You will gain a myriad of insights and enhanced self-awareness, assessing the needs and limitations of any individual student. Together, we will be turning our attention inwards to connect to the true essence of ourselves.
Unearth the power of Yin Yoga and its profound impact on the mind, body, and soul as you venture on an exciting path of insight, knowledge, and understanding. The Yin & 5 Elements practice embodies a meditative and slow-paced approach to yoga, allowing for an enlightening exploration of the self to unfold. Yin Yoga & the 5 Elements of TCM gives the opportunity to restore health, release trapped emotions, and connect with the real you. Originating from the Taoist concepts of Yin and Yang, this detailed training will provide you with the tools to incorporate these elements into your practice and help you become a skilled instructor in Yin Yoga.
About this Advanced Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Program
Yin Yoga is a slow-paced and passive style of Yoga where postures or asanas are held for extended periods of time ranging from three to six minutes. Yin yoga focuses on the connective tissue of the body (tendons, fascia, and ligaments) to increase circulation in the joints and improve flexibility.
Yin yoga originated from the Taoist concepts of Yin and Yang, opposite and complementary principles in nature. Yang is masculine, active, hot, sun, changing, and upward moving. Yin is feminine, passive, cold, moon, stable, and downward moving. In this training, you will learn the concepts of Yin and Yang applied to yoga practice, the differences between them, and how they complement each other.
Yin practice is a more meditative approach to Yoga, bringing our focus more inwards and allowing us to go deeper into the body. When we relax and let go of our physical bodies, we can start releasing stuck and unprocessed emotions. These feelings can manifest as tension and stress, which Yin helps to release. The practice will help promote optimum health and balance for both your external and internal systems. Some of the other benefits of Yin include deepening self-awareness, facilitating deep relaxation, calming the central nervous system, increasing energy flow, and mental clarity, inspiring self-exploration, and enlightening inner silence and peace.
During this Yin Training, you will learn the inspiring wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine and how to apply it to your yoga practice and daily life. By understanding the 5 Elements (TCM) and their functions, students can gain invaluable knowledge of themselves and the universe. We will explore the Theory of Yin & Yang and apply it to our yoga practice and daily life. Learning the fundamentals of Chinese Medicine, such as Meridian Theory, and their implication for our bodies, mind, and emotions. This Yin Yoga Teacher Training course dives deep into ourselves, understanding our emotions and their relationship with our organs and meridian lines in our bodies. The practice of Yin Yoga enables us to dive deep into stillness, openness, receptivity, and awareness of ourselves to find balance and equilibrium from within.
This Advanced Yin & 5 Elements Training is for you if…
- you want to understand and develop your knowledge about the 5 Elements theory (TCM) and its application to our life and practice.
- you want to explore the Moden Meridian theories and their application to the Yin practice.
- you want to stabilize and deepen a Yin Yoga practice and understand our emotions and their connection with our organs’ heath.
- you want to learn how fascia could affect our feelings and mind.
- you want to recognize when an imbalance in the body could lead to illness or disease.
- you want to understand how to nourish our bodies according to the 5 Elements Theory of TCM.
- you want to know what food is suitable for each season.
- you want to learn how to sequence your Yin classes with the 5 Elements of TCM.
- you want to explore the fascinating world of acupressure theory and practice.
- you want to learn self-care practices like Self-Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage).
- you want to explore Somatic Meditation, Six Healing Sound Meditation & Microcosmic Orbit Meditation.
- you want to listen to your body, getting to know one’s patterns, belief systems, what creates your reality in your life, and how one consciously shifts them.
you want to embody the Yin quality in your life, opening to acceptance, receptivity, compassion, stillness, and self-love.
In this course, you will learn how to…
- understand the Three Treasures, Chinese Medicine Five Elements, and modern Meridian theories & application.
- explore the Taoist wellness concepts: Organ clock, diet & lifestyle.
- deepen your knowledge about anatomy, fascia, and the human body.
- study the emotion & organs health and practical application to our practice and life.
- learn how to understand and balance the Yin & Yang energies within yourself and in your life.
- discover the inspiring wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine and how to apply it to your yoga practice and daily life.
- identify the target area of every yoga asana and apply it to the 5 Elements of TCM.
- build a creative and effective Yin Yoga sequence according to the 5 Elements theory with different options and variations.
- create transformational Yin Yoga & 5 Elements classes that deliver a beautiful experience.
- this training builds upon the foundations covered in the first 50Hr Yin YTT, emphasizing Traditional Chinese Medicine and its practical application to our practice and life.
- this training qualifies to log an additional 65 hours of training and continued education with Yoga Alliance. (YACEP)
What you will study in this training | The Curriculum
- Yin Theory and application during yoga practice
- Taoist Yin-Yang Theory and Principles
- The Three Treasures
- Chinese Medicine Five-Element Theories & Application
- Taoist Wellness Concepts: Organ clock, diet & lifestyle
- Emotion & Organs Health
- Modern Meridian Theories
- Self-Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage)
- Six Healing Sound Meditation & Microcosmic Orbit Meditation
- Meridian Qigong
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Somatic Meditation
- Yogic Meditations
- Yoga & Fascia
- Acupressure Theory & Practice
- Yin & Yang practices and how to balance them
- Breathwork practices
- How to sequence and teach a Yin Yoga class
- Exploring meditation theory and practice
- Yin Teaching Practicum
The Art of Yin Yoga
- Learn how to understand and balance the Yin & Yang energies within yourself and in your life
- Learn the foundations of Chinese Medicine and apply them to their yoga practice and life
- Yin Yoga Theory and Application
- Stabilizing and deepening a Yin Yoga practice
- Yin Asana benefits and contraindications
- Appropriate use of props
- How to create and hold a safe space
- Developing your teaching voice
- Sequencing Yin Yoga classes applied to TCM
- Understand the holistic principles of how to nourish their mind, body & soul
- Learn how to calm the central nervous system
Pranayama & Meditation
- Qi, Prana, or life–force energy
- Ten Points Meditation practice
- Earth Descent Meditation
- Anapanasati Meditation
- Whole Body breathing
- Rooting practices
- Long exhale breathing
- Mindfulness awareness meditation
- Positive visualisation techniques
- Microcosmic Orbit Meditation
- Six Healing Sound Meditation
- Shikantaza Meditation
- Anatomy applied to Yin Yoga
- Compression and tension theory
- The fascia and connective tissue
- The physical and subtle bodies
- The Five Element Theory (TCM)
- Emotion & Organs Health
- The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems
- Understanding the relaxation response
- Learn how fascia could affect our mood
- Taoist Yin-Yang Theory and Principles
- Meridian Qigong practice
- Myofascial Theory & practice
- Acupressure Theory & practice
- Modern Meridian Theories and application
Certification & YA Continuing Education
This training qualifies students for 65 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education. Students will receive a homologated certificate from Yoga Alliance at the end of the training. (YACEP).
About the Teachers
Yin Yoga Lead Teacher: Alicia Casillas
Alicia was born in Spain and became a professional athlete at the age of fourteen years old. She began her yoga journey when she moved to the United States to earn her Bachelor’s Degree at the University of Miami. Alicia first turned to Yoga to recover from a severe physical injury she acquired as a professional swimmer. Through Yoga, she discovered how to connect and balance her mind, body, and soul.
She has practiced and taught around North America, Europe, and Asia for more than ten years. She is an experienced yoga teacher E-RYT 500, and a Continuing Education Provider by Yoga Alliance who has been teaching Yoga Teacher Training since 2015 in Thailand. She trained in various lineages and schools in Thailand, India, Indonesia, Spain, and the USA; Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Akhanda Yoga, Vikasa Yoga, and Yin Yoga. Alicia has completed over 500 hours of Yin Yoga training with Yin Yoga Master Sarah Powers, Tina Nance, and Jamie Clarke (teaching assistant of Paul Grilley). She has also attended several anatomy and physiology training and workshops in different healing modalities.
Alicia is also trained as Reiki Master and Craniosacral Therapist under Upledger Institute, allowing her a better understanding of the wholeness of our being. Her holistic approach allows her to work with the student as a whole, listening to every part of the being. Yoga enables Alicia to share methods, tools, and techniques to help one achieve a healthy, mindful and happy way of life.
Traditional Chinese Medicine & 5 Elements Lead Teacher: Ariel Tang
A curious soul at heart, Ariel never stops learning and growing. She is a certified White Tiger Qigong Instructor, E-RYT500 with Yoga Alliance US, Certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher, Yoga Teacher Trainer, Kundalini Yoga Teacher, Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage) Specialist, Reiki Master, Soul & Quantum Coach, kirtan singer, online business mentor, and entrepreneur.
Growing up in the modern Chinese culture of Hong Kong, she has always been fascinated by the application of Chinese Medicine wellness concepts in everyday life and her teachings. In recent years, she focuses on blending the beautiful practices of qigong & Yoga as a movement & energetic medicine to support holistic health.
She is deeply grateful for the teachings and inspirations from her teachers – White Tiger Qigong founder Tevia Feng, Taoist master Mantak Chia, yoga teachers Paul and Suzee Grilley, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Tiffany Cruikshank, Sarah Powers, her Reiki masters, and all the students she has the honor to share her teachings with.
Her mission is to inspire us to take health into our own hands and remember the sovereign divinity within.
Anatomy Teacher & Myofascial Release: Andrea Abian
Andrea is a Physiotherapist and Yoga Therapist, also a dedicated ashtanga yoga practitioner. With over 15 years of experience as a physiotherapist, she is an expert in pain treatment, structural realignment, and case resolution.
She is also specialized in therapeutic massage, fascia release, and dry needling while doing customized pain treatments, combining various techniques such as Foot Reflexology and neuromuscular bandage (Kinesiotaping).
Andrea studies Yoga Therapy with the Master Sharat Arora, A.G Mohan (Krishnamacharya disciple), and Viniyoga with Tirumalai Krishnamacharya. Andrea combines her passion for Physiotherapy, Yoga Therapy, and Yin with her vocation for teaching and sharing the sacred tradition of Yoga.
Bernd Windhofer – Phylosopy Teacher
Bernd has been throwing himself wholeheartedly into meditative and yogic practices for the past 25 years and has an abiding passion for uprooting the causes of suffering in his and others’ lives the best way he can. Using the dual means of teaching a sophisticated practice, working with all layers of oneself, and a rigorous understanding of the path through the study of ancient and modern philosophies, he aims to help all of us find purpose, direction, perfect clarity, and ultimately total freedom.
Myofascial Release & Assitant Teacher: Tao
Tao (Taopik Setiawan S.TP) is a yoga instructor and blogger based in Bali, Indonesia, certified RYS 550 hours and 150 hours of Thai Yoga Therapy from the Thai Traditional Medicine Association of Thailand.
Tao studied Yin Yoga with Alicia Casillas, and he is passionately sharing the teaching of Yin Yoga combined with Myofascial Release in Bali and the entire world. Tao also teaches hatha yoga, dancing with gravity, and movement with a holistic approach that integrates a range of practical techniques to help facilitate each individual’s health, happiness, and freedom.