Learn the incredible healing power of Yin Yoga with this 100 Hour Teacher Training at Vikasa Yoga Retreat from 6th – 20nd December 2020. The world moves and changes at such a fast pace that we find ourselves chasing for answers, peace, health and happiness, externally. This Yin Yoga Teacher Training @ Vikasa provides the precious time and space needed to look within; to get to know your body and your true self. Yin Yoga teaches you to relax, to release trapped emotions and stress, and to restore health – and restore the REAL you.
- Do you want to feel more grounded in your yoga and meditation practice or maybe looking to deepen your Yin during yoga practice?
- Are you ready to relax, let go and heal your body and mind?
- Do you want to learn mindfulness and bring more awareness to your daily life?
- Maybe you are already a yoga teacher and would like to invite more Yin into your teachings?
You have come to the right place. This Yin Yoga Teacher Training will guide you there!
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a slow paced and passive style of yoga where postures or asanas are held for extended periods of time ranging from three to six minutes. Yin yoga focuses on connective tissue of the body (tendons, fascia and ligaments) with the goal of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility.
Yin yoga originated on the Taoist concepts of yin and yang, opposite and complementary principles in nature. Yang is as masculine, active, hot, sun, changing and upward moving. Yin is feminine, passive, cold, moon, stable and downward moving. In this training, you will learn the concepts Yin and Yang applied to yoga practice, the differences between them and how do they complement each other.
Yin practice is a more meditative approach to yoga, bringing our focus more inwards and allowing ourselves to go deeper into the body. When we relax and let go of our physical bodies, we can start releasing emotions that are stuck and unprocessed. These feelings can manifest as tension and stress, which Yin helps to release. The practice will help promote optimum health and balance for your both your external and internal systems. Some of the other benefits of Yin include deepening self awareness, facilitating deep relaxation, calming the central nervous system, increasing energy flow, mental clarity, inspiring self exploration and enlightening inner silence and peace.
Who is this training for?
- Those who want to establish, develop and understand your own yin yoga practice
- Those who want to explore a different style of yoga to balance their personal practice
- Those who want to establish and develop their meditation practice
- Those who would like to learn how to slow down the pace of life
- Those who would like to encourage mindfulness into their practice and life
- Those who would like to learn how to calm the central nervous system
- Those who would like to deepen their self awareness and concentration
- Those who are already yoga teachers and would like to include yin yoga and meditation into their teachings
What you will learn in this course?
- Understanding the yin yoga practice and development of your own yin practice
- How to teach Yin Yoga and developyour teaching voice
- How to create and hold a safe, trusting space for your class
- Developing a mindful meditation practice
- Stabilizing and deepening a yin yoga practice
- How to relate Chakras with daily life and yoga practice
- Knowledge of the organs and their corresponding emotions
- Differences between yin and yang yoga practice, the benefits of each and how they complement each other
- Learning how to recognize when there is an imbalance in the body that could lead to illness or disease
- Developing awareness into the subtle bodies
What you will study in this training?
- History of Yin Yoga
- Yin Theory and application during yoga practice
- Study of Yin Asanas: their benefits and contraindications
- Pranayama practices
- Meditation practices
- Anatomy applied to Yin Yoga
- Theory of subtle bodies and Chakras
- Meridian Theory and and practical application
- 5 elements theory and practice application
- How to sequence and teach a Yin Yoga class
- Exploring mindfulness meditation theory and practice
- Yin & Meditation teaching Practicum
Certification and YA Continuing Education
This training qualifies students for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education contact hours. Students will receive a homologated certificate by Yoga Alliance at the end of the training.
About this training
Alicia believes overall health and wellbeing are not solely achieved working with only the physical body but also focusing on maintaining emotional stability and mental clarity. One of the main goals of this training is to promote mindfulness and healing through the practice of yin yoga. The practice of Yin Yoga allows the students to understand who they are as a whole and invite them to discover themselves on a much deeper level. The word yoga actually means to unify all aspects of self; the emotional, energetic, mental, spiritual as well as the physical, so by using the practice of yoga and mediation for healing and self discovery.
Alicia’s backgrounds are from extensive healing modalities including Thai Massage, Reiki, Cranial Sacral Therapy and Breathing Therapy. These have given her extensive knowledge and understanding of the human body and psyche. Her extensive trainings and personal practice allows her to share the connection of the mind, body and soul to students during practice of yoga. Alicia is sharing this training from a place of healing, compassion, understanding and love for her students to grow and expand on all levels and hoping to encourage them to embrace their own unique journey through the study of yoga.
The world we live in right now moves and changes at such a fast pace that we find ourselves chasing and looking for answers, peace, and happiness externally. During this training Alicia will provide the time and the space that we all need look within, to learn to listen, to get to know our bodies and ourselves. This will be a way we can begin to learn to understand what it is that we all need for healing. Inviting students to use these tools of mindfulness and self awareness for the benefit of themselves and others.
About the Teacher
Alicia was born in Spain and became a professional athlete at the age of fourteen years old. She began her yoga journey when she moved to United States to earned her Bachelor Degree at University of Miami. Alicia first turned to Yoga to recover from a serious physical injury she acquired during her career as a professional swimmer. Through yoga she discovered how to connect and balance her mind, body and soul.
She has been practicing and teaching around North America, Europe and Asia for more than 10 years. She is an experienced yoga teacher E-RYT 500 and a Continuing Education Provider by Yoga Alliance who has been teaching Yoga Teacher Trainings since 2015 in Thailand. She trained in varies lineages and different schools in Thailand, India, Indonesia, Spain and USA; Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Akhanda Yoga, Vikasa Yoga, and Yin Yoga. Alicia has completed over 300 hours of Yin Yoga trainings with Yin Yoga Master Sarah Powers, Tina Nance and Jamie Clarke (teaching assistant of Paul Grilley). She has also attended several anatomy and physiology trainings and workshops in different healing modalities.
Alicia is also trained as Reiki Master and Craniosacral Therapist under Upledger Institute, allowing her a better understanding of the wholeness of our being. Her holistic approach allows her to work with the student as a whole, listening every part of the being. Yoga enables Alicia to share methods, tools, and techniques to help one achieve a healthy, mindful and happy way of life.