The 65-hour Online Advanced Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher Training take you deeper into your Yin practice and teachings. This advanced Yin program builds upon the foundations covered in the first 50hr Yin YTT, emphasizing the 5 Elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine and its practical application in our practice and life. Become a certified and worldwide accredited Yin Yoga & 5 Elements teacher and share with others the benefits of this profound practice and the wisdom of the 5 Elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Experience the life-changing practice of Yin Yoga & 5 Elements and embark on a heart-opening journey
During this Advance Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher Training program, you will study the foundations and the anatomical and energetic theories of Yin Yoga, all through the unique lens of the Chinese Meridians Theory. You will also gain knowledge of Qi Theory and Yin and Yang Theory and how they relate to the body.
After completing the course, you will be able to confidently and safely sequence Yin Yoga sessions applied to the 5 Elements of Chinese Medicine, which can be used to develop your own personal practice further or to teach others.
During this course, you will learn the 5 Element Theory and practice, learn the connection between our emotions and organ’s health and how to balance them, understand how fascia can affect our moods, and explore the acupressure practice through yin yoga and the modern meridian theory and their application into our lives.
Unearth the power of Yin Yoga and its profound impact on the mind, body, and soul as you venture on an exciting path of insight, knowledge and understanding. The Yin & 5 Elements practice embodies a meditative and slow-paced approach to yoga, allowing for an enlightening exploration of the self to unfold. Yin Yoga & the 5 Elements of TCM gives the opportunity to restore health, release trapped emotions, and to connect with the real you. Originating from the Taoist concepts of Yin and Yang, this advanced training will provide you with the tools to incorporate these elements into your practice and help you become a skilled instructor in Yin Yoga.
This Advanced Yin & 5 Elements Training is for you if…
– You want to understand and develop your knowledge about the 5 Elements theory (TCM) and its application to our life and practice.
– You want to explore the modern Meridian theories and their application to the Yin practice.
YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO…
– Understand the Three Treasures, Chinese Medicine Five Elements, and modern Meridian theories & application.
– Explore the Taoist wellness concepts: Organ clock, diet & lifestyle.
– Deepen your knowledge about anatomy, fascia, and the human body.
– Study the emotion & organs health and practical application to our practice and life.
– Learn how to understand and balance the Yin & Yang energies within yourself and in your life.
– Discover the inspiring wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine and how to apply it to your yoga practice and daily life.
– Identify the target area of every yoga asana and apply it to the 5 Elements of TCM.
– Build a creative and effective Yin Yoga sequence according to the 5 Elements theory with different options and variations.
– Create transformational Yin Yoga & 5 Elements classes that deliver a beautiful experience.
– This training builds upon the foundations covered in the first 50Hr Yin YTT, emphasizing Traditional Chinese Medicine and its practical application to our practice and life.
– This training qualifies to log an additional 65 hours of training and continued education with Yoga Alliance. (YACEP)
The Art of Yin Yoga
– Learn how to understand and balance the Yin & Yang energies within yourself and in your life.
– Learn the foundations of Chinese Medicine and apply them to their yoga practice and life.
– Yin Yoga Theory and Application.
– Stabilizing and deepening a Yin Yoga practice.
– Yin Asana benefits and contraindications.
– Appropriate use of props.
– How to create and hold a safe space.
– Developing your teaching voice.
– Sequencing Yin Yoga classes applied to TCM.
– Understand the holistic principles of how to nourish their mind, body & soul.
– Learn how to calm the central nervous system.
– Compression and tension theory.
– The fascia and connective tissue.
– The Five Element Theory (TCM).
– Emotion & Organs Health.
– The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
– Understanding the relaxation response.
– Learn how fascia could affect our mood.
– Taoist Yin-Yang Theory and Principles.
– Meridian Qigong practice.
– Self-Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage).
– Taoist Wellness Concepts: Organ clock, diet & lifestyle. Acupressure Theory & practice.
– Modern Meridian Theories and application.
Pranayama & Meditation
– Qi, Prana, or life–force energy.
– Ten Points practice.
– Earth Descent meditation.
– Yin Breathing.
– Shikantaza Meditation.
– Whole Body breathing.
– Rooting practices.
– Long exhale breathing.
– Meridian Qigong practices.
– Mindfulness awareness meditation.
– Positive visualisation techniques
– Microcosmic Orbit Meditation
– Six Healing Sound Meditation
– Dynamic Meditation
– Nadi Shodhana and nostril breathing
WHO IS THIS TRAINING INTENDED FOR?
– You are ready to dive into an enlightening, personal journey.
– You are motivated to heal using the incredible power of Yin Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
– You want to learn how to balance the Yin and Yang energies within yourself and your life.
– We welcome you to join us, no matter what your background, experience, or intention once you’ve completed the course.
– Our teaching program includes daily yoga practice, lectures, workshops, time to practice teaching skills and techniques, and adequate rest and relaxation.
Resources and Materials
– Comprehensive Yin Yoga Training Manual training (hard copy for the in-person training and PDF for online training).
– Full-length Yoga Sessions.
– Video Lectures and Presentations.
– All courses activities, workshops, and classes.
– Homework and final assignment.
– Further reading.
– Kit box on how to sequence your Yin sessions & 5 Elements.
– Class sequences prepared for you to teach and practice at home or in your studio.
You Will Also Get…
– Lifetime access to all of the course material, including any course updates that are continually being added.
– Personalized feedback and support from Alicia for when you need some extra guidance during your training.
– Access to a beautiful community of Yin Yoga teachers around the world that you can connect with at any time to share your experiences with.
– A 65-hour certificate accredited by International Yoga Alliance upon completion of the course. (YACEP)
Meet your teachers
Lead Yin Yoga & Meditation Teacher
Alicia has practiced and taught around North America, Europe, and Asia for more than ten years. She is an experienced yoga teacher E-RYT 500 who has been teaching Yoga Teacher Trainings since 2015. She trained in various lineages and schools in Thailand, India, Indonesia, Spain, and the USA; Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Akhanda Yoga, Vikasa Yoga, and Yin Yoga. Alicia has completed over 500 hours of Yin Yoga training with Yin Yoga Master Sarah Powers, Tina Nance, Jamie Clarke and Beta Lisboa.
Traditional Chinese Medicine & Qi-Gong Teacher
Ariel is a certified White Tiger Qigong Instructor, E-RYT500 with Yoga Alliance US, Certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher, Yoga Teacher Trainer, Kundalini Yoga Teacher, Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage) Specialist, Reiki Master, Soul & Quantum Coach, kirtan singer, online business mentor, and entrepreneur. She is deeply grateful for the teachings and inspirations from her teachers – White Tiger Qigong founder Tevia Feng, Taoist master Mantak Chia, yoga teachers Paul and Suzee Grilley, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Tiffany Cruikshank and Sarah Powers.
Anatomy & Myofascial Release Teacher
Andrea is a Physiotherapist and Yoga Therapist, also a dedicated ashtanga yoga practitioner. With over 15 years of experience as a physiotherapist, she is an expert in pain treatment, structural realignment, and case resolution.
She is also specialized in therapeutic massage, fascia release, and dry needling while doing customized pain treatments, combining various techniques such as Foot Reflexology and neuromuscular bandage (Kinesiotaping).
Bernd has been throwing himself wholeheartedly into meditative and yogic practices for the past 25 years and has an abiding passion for uprooting the causes of suffering in his and others’ lives the best way he can. Using the dual means of teaching a sophisticated practice, working with all layers of oneself, and a rigorous understanding of the path through the study of ancient and modern philosophies, he aims to help all of us find purpose, direction, perfect clarity, and ultimately total freedom.
Tao (Taopik Setiawan S.TP)
Yin Yoga & Myofascial Release Teacher
Tao is a yoga instructor based in Bali. He is certified RYS 550 hours and 150 hours of Thai Yoga Therapy from the Thai Traditional
Medicine Association of Thailand. Tao studied Yin Yoga with Alicia Casillas, and he is passionately sharing the teaching of Yin Yoga combined with Myofascial Release. Tao also teaches hatha yoga, dancing with gravity, and movement with a holistic approach that integrates a range of practical techniques to help facilitate each individual’s health, happiness, and freedom.
Chanting & Sound Healer
Julia is a sound healer and kirtan musician who has played since a very young age. Together with Alicia´s Yin Yoga teachings, her healing music creates a unique and nurturing experience for all students.
Take the first step in a new direction and begin your journey to becoming a certified
Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher now.
Join Our 65-Hour Worldwide Accredited Online Yin Yoga & 5 Elements Teacher Training
Limited Time Offer, Enroll now & Get a 15% Discount!
Promo Code: 5ELEMENTSYIN
Offer Price: €424 (Best value)
“Alicia is a very attentive, kind and inspirational teacher. She spread great vibes and energy in her class. She has the good words, the good timing, the good level. I’ve spent one month with her during my YTT, and her yin classes had a very important impact on me, helped my body to released deep tensions and let it go some emotions that were stuck in my body and my muscles. I wish I could have a yin teacher like her in my country. She’s the best!”
“One of the most important things for me in my practice (especially when choosing a training) is the connection you will have with the teacher. I actually took (what I considered to be) a risk, not knowing or having previously practiced with the teachers on my training. One of which, was Alicia. I was so lucky to be connected with someone who is full of warmth, authenticity, love and great humour, who I now get to call my friend. Her training and experience in Yin speaks for itself. You are in the best of hands in practicing or training with this wonderful human, on and off the mat!”
Yin Yoga & Reiki
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
How long will this course take to complete?
Who can sign up for this course?
Is there any homework?
Is there any kind of evaluation?
Yes, there are two final evaluations to complete the course: a final quiz and a practicum. The practicum consists of 60 min recorded class of you teaching Yin Yoga at home. I will watch and review your practicum and give you personal feedback & guidance. This is a very special opportunity to practice your teaching skills. The good news is that you can repeat it as many times as you want until you are happy with the final result.